The Friends’ on-going used book sale is one of the most exciting ventures the Friends undertake; one that shows the true entrepreneurial spirit of our group. For decades the Friends start with the many generous book donations from this amazing community and utilize the talent and hard work of our many dedicated volunteers. We then spend countless hours sorting and pricing those donations. Through this process we have been able to make substantial financial contributions to the library for decades. Proceeds from the sale sponsors programming for all ages; purchases materials such as books, e-books, DVDs, magazines, provides access to scholarly databases and procures computers, furniture, book carts and other library needs.
Open everyday during library hours, our used book sale is available to all regardless of ELPL library card status. You will find hardbacks, paperbacks, music, movies, books on CD and much more.
The Friends of the Library accepts the following donated items in good condition:
• Hardback and paperback books for adults, teens and children
• Fiction and nonfiction books
• Coffee table books on any subject
• Current Business, Computer, Travel and Health books
• DVD Movies
• Music and Books on CD
• Cookbooks, craft books, auto repair manuals and any type of instruction books, etc.
• Bibles and religious books
• Blank journals
• Sheet music
Items the Friends cannot accept:
• Encyclopedia sets
• Out of date (older than 5 years) computer, travel and health books
• Material on cassette or VHS format
• Books that are damaged or musty
Thank you to our Friendshop Volunteers.