Digital or Disc - Thousands of Choices
ELPL has thousands of movies, TV series, and documentaries. Whether you prefer to stream a show to your device or pop in a Blu Ray, you can be sure that ELPL has something for you.
hoopla - hoopla provides library patrons with movies, TV shows, music, eAudiobooks, eBooks and eComics, downloadable directly to a computer, tablet or smartphone and streaming to smart TVs and smart devices.
hoopla is truly an on-demand collection. An unlimited number of patrons can borrow the same title so there are no holds and no waiting!
Kanopy - Kanopy is an on-demand film streaming service available to ELPL cardholders. Stream films from your computer, television, mobile device or platform by downloading the Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV, Chromecast or Roku. And just like ELPL's other digital collections, there are no late fees - when the lending period ends titles are automatically removed from your device.
Indie films, foreign films, documentaries, The Great Courses - all available on Kanopy.
DVDs and Blu Rays - ELPL buys thousands of DVD and Blu Ray titles each year, in every genre imaginable.
Streaming Video FAQs
Kanopy titles check out for 3 days. Once you press play on a film, you have 3 days to view it as many times as you like without using another play credit.
You can check out 6 titles every month from Kanopy. Each Kanopy film equals 1 play credit and you have 6 play credits every month. Your number of play credits resets on the first day of every month. Unused play credits do not roll over to the next month. When signed into your Kanopy account you can add films to a list for later viewing by clicking the +My List button.
Kanopy offers thousands of documentaries, indie films, classic and silent films, and educational film series, as well as quality programming for children with Kanopy Kids. All Kanopy film titles are streamed using your computer, mobile device, or compatible TV/streaming device.
Kanopy is an on-demand film streaming service available to ELPL cardholders. Stream films from your computer, television, mobile device or platform by downloading the Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV, Chromecast or Roku. And just like ELPL's other digital collections, there are no late fees - when the lending period ends titles are automatically removed from your device.
Here's how to get started:
- Visit Kanopy's website, opens a new window and click the Sign-Up button, located in the top right hand corner of the page. If you are using a mobile device first download the Kanopy app and then create an account from within the app.
- Provide your name, email address, and create a password. This email/password combination will be used to authenticate you as a Kanopy user on any computer or device you use to access Kanopy content.
- After creating your account you will need to check your email account for an email from Kanopy to finish activating your account.
- After clicking the activation link in your email from Kanopy you will be asked to enter your 14 digit library card number. This will connect your Kanopy account to your East Lansing Public Library account.
- After connecting your accounts you will be able to check out Kanopy films.
If you have additional questions try the Kanopy FAQ.
See what's new on Kanopy, opens a new window!