Wireless printing is not available while the library building is closed due to COVID restrictions.
Did you know you can sit in the comfort of your home, office or car and send a print job to the East Lansing Public Library (ELPL)? Yes, wireless printing is here. You can pull up a photo, document or email from your smart phone, laptop, tablet, desk top—actually any device with Internet access and send it to our public printer at the library. You have three days to come into the library and pull up your print request and physically print it. This service will work from a wireless device within the library, as well as, Internet connected devices anywhere in the world.
Here's how it works:
To print via email:
- Attach your document to an email
- Send email to email@example.com for black & white prints and firstname.lastname@example.org for color prints.
- After receiving a confirmation email, pick up your print(s) at the Print Release Station within three days of receipt by logging in with your email address.
To print black & white or color prints via the web:
- Visit http://www.printeron.net/elpl/library, opens a new window
- Choose black & white or color
- Enter your email address
- Upload your file
- Click the arrow icon to submit your print request
- Click the green printer button to approve your print job
- Claim your print job within three days at the Print Release Station at the library by logging in with your email address
Supported file formats for Wireless Printing, opens a new window
Some things to keep in mind:
- You can't elect to print multiple copies of something. If you need more than one copy you will need to submit the job more than once, or make copies of the print job.
- If you use the web browser method you can specify if you want black & white or color. The email method only prints in black & white.
It really is that easy and that convenient. So, tell all your friends, neighbors and family about this great new service at the East Lansing Public Library.