Bored in the house and you're in the house bored? Break out of boredom and make a video about folklore, myths, and magical lands!
Featuring your love of reading and your local library, teens are invited, no, challenged to create a compelling, cool, and clever 60 second video (hey, that's just 4 short TikToks) celebrating this year's Summer Reading Program theme, "Imagine Your Story."
Let your imgination run wild with the Teen Video Challenge!
The Teen Video Challenge, sponsored by the Collaborative Summer Library Program (the same cool folks who organize the Summer Reading Program), is an annual nationwide video contest open to all teens.
The challenge: Teens will create a public service announcement video that shows their unique interpretation of the 2020 Summer Reading Program slogan “Imagine Your Story”.
- Videos are to be no longer than 60 seconds
- Videos should promote libraries and reading and must have an "Imagine Your Story"theme.
- Teens can upload to the social media outlet of their choice.
Videos will be accepted June 1 through August 7, 2020.
- Five winners will be chosen and will receive a $200 cash prize and $50 worth of summer reading materials for their library!
- Just submit a link to your video and complete a simple online form.
Need some inspiration? Check out last year's 5 winning videos!
Good luck, East Lansing teens, may the odds be ever in your favor.