The staff at ELPL sure misses seeing its patrons, and I bet you miss seeing us too, as well as the rest of your family and friends! While we have to be apart, let’s work together to create something the entire community can enjoy. Please help us by joining the Teddys Together Project! Here are some ways you can participate:
- Read to your teddy bear or any stuffed animal at home.
- Put your stuffed reading buddy in a front facing window at your house while you aren’t reading to them.
- Print out and color the Teddys Together Project coloring sheet, and hang it in your front facing window. You can get to the coloring sheet via another link on this Facebook Post or by copy and pasting the image below into a Word document.
- While out on walks, go on a “bear hunt” and look for teddy bears, stuffed animals, and coloring sheets in the windows of your neighbors. Don’t forget to practice social distancing while out on your walk!
- Share photos on the ELPL Facebook page of your stuffed friend in the window or of you reading to them! Find our post about the program here, and share in the comments! Use #ELPLTeddysTogether
- Read Helen Oxenbury’s book, We’re Going on a Bear Hunt if you have it at home.
- Borrow We’re Going on a Bear Hunt, a short animated film based on Helen Oxenbury’s book of the same title, from Hoopla, found here.
- Borrow Bobby's Big Bear Hunt by Gwendolyn Hooks if you have beginning readers in your house, also found here, on Hoopla.