From George Lahanas, City Manager, City of East Lansing
Effective tomorrow, August 11, 2021, the City of East Lansing will require employees and the public to wear masks indoors in City buildings and facilities, regardless of vaccination status. This new rule is being implemented based on recent mask recommendations from the CDC and MDHHS. As of tomorrow, the City of East Lansing will require masks to be worn in the following situations:
- City staff are required to wear masks in City buildings and facilities when in public areas, when interacting with the public and when physical distancing is not possible.
- All members of the public are required to wear a mask in City buildings and facilities.
- All in person public meeting attendees and participants are required to wear a mask.
The East Lansing Public Library will also require employees and the public to wear masks indoors in the library, regardless of vaccination status.
These updated mask requirements do not apply to those that are unable to medically tolerate a mask or children under the age of 2 years old.
As we continue to work through the pandemic, it remains important to continue to maintain good hygiene to stop the spread of germs at work. Please remember to:
- Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough.
- Clean your hands often.
- Clean shared surfaces and equipment often.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick and check with a health care provider when needed.
- If you are not yet vaccinated, please consider getting vaccinated.
Thank you for your cooperation as we continue to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
City of East Lansing
OFFICE OF THE CITY MANAGER
410 Abbot Road
East Lansing, MI 48823