During the library's closure from March 16 through April 5 the Friends will not be accepting donations of materials at the library. Please note that if materials are left outside the library building they will be disposed of in the trash. Thank you for your understanding.
The Friends of the Library accepts the following donated items in good condition:
- Hardback and paperback books for adults and children
- Fiction and nonfiction books
- Coffee table books on any subject
- Book and music on CD
- DVD movies
- Current Business, Computer, Travel and Health books
- Cookbooks, craft books, auto repair manuals and instruction books, etc.
- Bibles and religious books
- Blank journals
Donations are tax-deductible. Library staff can provide the tax-deduction form when you drop off your donation, if desired.
Due to our very limited space after the renovation, the Friends can only accept two boxes/bags of materials from each generous donor at a time. If you can space out your larger donations it would be greatly appreciated. If you have a large amount of materials to give and have need for the Friends to consider picking them up, please contact Friends President Maureen McCabe-Power at 989.798.7775. We will do our best to accommodate you!
All donations can be delivered to the front desk of the library. Or they will arrange to meet you near the book drop after you notify them.
Items the Friends cannot accept:
- Encyclopedia sets
- Out of date (older than 5 years) computer, travel and health books
- Material on cassette or VHS format
- Books that are damaged or musty
Books in poor condition can be taken to the MSU Surplus and Recycling Center, 468 Green Way, East Lansing, MI 48824 accepts books for recycling.
You should know that:
- 100% of the sale proceeds directly benefit the library. We have no paid staff!
- We thank you for supporting us, the community and this fantastic library!