Donations to Marsha's Friendshop
Marsha's Friendshop is open! The shop follow's the library's open hours. There will be some changes to the Friendshop:
- The Friends will no longer sell music CDs or magazines.
- Subjects will be combined and re-arranged so check out every corner!
- Marsha's Friendshop can accept up to two bags or boxes of materials per person per visit.
- If you have more than two boxes/bags of books, and could consider bringing them to us in limited quantities, weekly, it would be greatly appreciated. We unfortunately no longer have the volunteers to pick up donations nor the space to store large quantities of books.
After Labor Day, 2021, Marsha's Friendshop can accept the following donated items in good condition:
- Hardback and paperback books for adults and children
- Fiction and nonfiction books
- DVD movies
- Current Business, Computer, Travel and Health books
- Cookbooks, craft books, auto repair manuals and instruction books, etc.
- Bibles and religious books
- Blank journals
Items the Friends cannot accept:
- Encyclopedia sets
- Out of date (older than 5 years) computer, travel and health books
- Material on cassette or VHS format
- Books that are damaged or musty
- Books and music on CD
Books in poor condition can be taken to the MSU Surplus and Recycling Center, 468 Green Way, East Lansing, MI 48824 accepts books for recycling.
You should know that:
- 100% of the sale proceeds directly benefit the library. We have no paid staff!
- We thank you for supporting us, the community and this fantastic library!